Monday, March 28, 2011

Update

I realized how long it has been since I updated this thing. Anyway, things have been going pretty well over here in the mid west. The weather is finally starting to warm up and we get to take the kids outside and play on the play ground and such. I have been working still at the youth center but also go to go and work at the CDC (child development center) where i worked with babies who were 6 weeks old up to pre schooler's who are about 3 or 4. It was a lot of fun and a good change of scenery. I haven't been able to get down to Chicago again yet. As the weather gets nicer, I will definitely begin exploring more down there. I however have been getting to know the area i am currently in, which is good. This week is spring break for the kids so the center is open from 6 to 6. It is going to be a long week. I am going in to get breakfast ready for all the kids, then clean that up and start setting up lunch. Needless to say it is non stop and its only day 1. This week will be a fun day of sports. Wednesday I am going to the McDonalds High School All American basketball game at the united center in Chicago and then Sunday will venture to Wrigley to watch the Cubs play. I am hoping to maybe go to the Cubs game Saturday but we will see how the weather is and if I can even get tickets. Below are some pictures of the area. The big tall clock tower is the main building on base. It is just inside the gate and is pretty cool. The big grass field in front of it is called Ross field. Here is where graduations are held during warmer months and where the kids play soccer which starts soon. To the right, you can't see, is the movie theater where i have been to a couple movies and watch pay per view ufc fights and such. It is a pretty cool place. Movies are 2 bucks, popcorn is 2 and pop is 2. So you can get out pretty cheap. The picture through the tree's is out my window when i woke up this morning. The lake is very pretty when its the right weather. I can see a big beach and grass areas, and a board walk that extends out into the lake. I am hoping it gets nicer so I can spend some time down there. Anyway, thats about all i have to report



No comments:

Post a Comment